We are looking to recruit a family lawyer to deal with their own busy case load of divorce proceedings, financial matters, Children Act proceedings and domestic abuse cases.
Ideally a solicitor or legal executive, you will have between 0-3 years post-qualification experience. Past family law experience is essential, whether that has been as a paralegal or as part of your training contract. This is an exciting opportunity for a solicitor or legal executive looking for personal and career development opportunities in a small friendly firm that is one of the leading firms in Nottinghamshire specialising in family law.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- The successful person will demonstrate experience in dealing with family matters, including:
- Children Matters
- Financial Matters
- Domestic Violence
- You must be able to manage your own case load and work with a degree of independence.
- You must be able to undertake advocacy on your cases and assist other colleagues within the department in conducting hearings on their behalf as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Have experience of dealing with family matters including divorce, finances, children matters and domestic abuse cases. We need you to be able to hit the ground running and so experience is essential.
- Experience and knowledge of Legal Aid.
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Regulations.
- A team player.
- The ability to support and work as part of a friendly team in a high street solicitors’ office.
- Willing and able to travel as required between offices and to court.
- Able to build and maintain good rapport with clients and other professionals, as well as provide clear and accurate advice.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to prioritise work to ensure that cases are progressed efficiently and in the best interests of the client, and emergency matters are dealt with urgently as required.
- Innovative and determined.
This is a full time permanent position.
If you are interested, or perhaps know someone else who might be, we would like to hear from you with your full CV, either in writing to:
The Practice Manager
Jackson Quinn Solicitors
7 Grove Street
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org